Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Wednesday recipe: Banana Bread
Again I have found the Avoca recipe to be the best, with just a few additions from me.
225g plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 heaped tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
110g caster sugar
1 egg beaten
75ml sunflower oil
few drops of vanilla essence
3 large ripe bananas mashed
Really brown bananas are best for these. You need to mash them really well and get all the lumps out before you start the rest of the mixture.
1. Sift the flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon into a bowl and stir in the sugar.
2. Measure the sunflower oil into a jug and stir in the beaten egg.
3. Stir the mashed bananas into the oil and egg mixture and combine gently.
4. Fold the banana mixture into the flower mixture carefully.
5. Pour into a 2lb loaf tin and bake in an oven at 180°C for 50-60 mins.
6. Leave in the tin for 10 mins and then put on a wire rack to cool.
7. Slice carefully and eat.
This is good with some chopped nuts or raisins added to the flour mixture.If you don’t like cinnamon use nutmeg or nutmeg and a little bit of ginger.